CC Sant Vicenç de Paül Sóller Education Soller Balears, Illes
CC Sant Vicenç de Paül Sóller Education Soller Balears, Illes
CC Sant Vicenç de Paül Sóller Education Soller Balears, Illes
CC Sant Vicenç de Paül Sóller Education Soller Balears, Illes
CC Sant Vicenç de Paül Sóller Education Soller Balears, Illes
CC Sant Vicenç de Paül Sóller Education Soller Balears, Illes

History of our school

In August 1862, arrived in Sóller first Sisters of Charity Hospital were established. Among those primitive community, consisting of five nuns and a maid, to the present has been more than 150 years and a long commitment that has multiple fruits. A good example of this work is invaluable in 2003, the City of Sóller, said the Sisters of Charity as the adopted daughter of the municipality.

The incipient religious community settled on the Hospital to attend to the sick and needy. In July 1864 moved Rectory Street in Can courtyard, a house where they had bought and built the largest community in the valley and then leads to the current school of St. Vincent de Paul. In 1893 built the chapel, which was blessed on January 28, 1894 by Canon Francis and Santiago Santaella.

In November 1895 the congregation founded a community in Fornalutx and dresprés ten years, founded the convent of Port, near the chapel of St. Catherine of Alexandria. From the beginning you started your homework as a kindergarten and school for girls, as well as assistance to the sick.

The 1896-1897 school year is the first that nuns spend part of efforts to teach nursery.

In April 1921 opened a house in Biniaraix and in June the same year, they opened the Casa Cuna in the Plaza de America, where carried babies and young children for reasons that families not working could take care of them. A year later they founded the convent of Horta. Also the other was dedicated to education and assistance to the sick, as well as help the work of the parish.

In 1949 the Casa Cuna of the Plaza de America was taslladar Moragues Street, Gardens, where he remained for many years.

At around 1968 began the transformation of the convent of Charity. It was extended with a modern and patio to accommodate the growing population and especially for children adapt to the Education Act of 1968. Interestingly it was the first modern school of the Sóller Valley.

In 1973 the school community of Charity grew notablemet as the Mothers were left Escolàpies Sóller and the Sisters of Charity took charge of the students who had the Escolàpies. So for some years taught in both schools, distributing students in lower and higher Escolàpies to Charity. From the year 1976, the small steps in the center of the Gardens, as the Escolàpies was qualified as a Municipal Association of BUP

Around the year 1980 the school of Charity becomes a center Mitxeu, so the children can now attend all teaching and not just children's education. Meanwhile the congregation bought the house ca n'Alic, on the street corner of Elizabeth II San Antonio, and a sports center are built to meet the needs discovered sports. In addition, the arrival of the EGB meant more need for space to teach classes and that's when the nuns stopped residing in Charity and came to the house of coexistence street Romaguera.

Meanwhile, the school is adapted to the LOGSE and from 1996 began to teach ESO thus enabled new areas, such as indoor sports pavilion and restoration of the chapel, converted into audio-visual room .

In 1998, the hundredth anniversary of the founding of the School of Charity, a center who in 1994 pioneered given all teaching in Catalan and which earned him the award Francesc de Borja Moll. To mark the anniversary, the City Council placed a stone plaque on the facade Rectory Street in recognition of educational work works carried out by the Sisters of Charity during a century.

To ensure the continuity of the school, since February 2014, the Catholic School Foundation of the Balearic Islands (FECIB) manages the St. Vincent de Paul school Soller having taken over the congregation Sisters of Charity after more than a century stopped directtament manage our center